Monday 2 August 2010

Week 2 Day 1


Great to have the weekend away from treatment, travelling and waiting. Had a good time catching up with with Tracy and Hamish before they go on their Summer Hols with the Girls. Rosemary returned from her Far East Adventures with a lovely gift to add to my Green Tea collection with a name of Yu Qian Long Jing ( perhaps Daughter can translate?   that's a test to see if she  really does speak Chinese ! ) it's so Posh that it's price was set by the  date the leaves were picked. Sunday lunch with Lynne was lovely with a different Dessert that was yummy care of  Cousin Margaret's recipe.

So Monday and the start of week 2,  I've not been running recently but have been walking everyday, this morning there was a chap in front of me,  attired in running gear jogging pants trainers etc. but not moving very fast and as I passed him I got a face full of cigar smoke !  at 8:30 in the morning !  Do you think he was under orders from the doc/wife to take more exercise..and give up smoking??

Then off to Holby City for my 11 o'clock,  a wait of 45 mins today meant I could finish my letter to Susie in Oz and start one to Alison so made good use of time. Treatment itself was straight forward,  afterwards I spoke to Nurse  Fiona to discuss progress, told her I have been eating for 2 which she said was very unusual as people usually lose  their appetite during treatment but not to worry, she was encouraged that I was feeling well  but did remind me  that my treatment is cumulative so enjoy it while it lasts :-(

Beetroot update -  all roasted and peeled ( not too messy ) very tasty, might even order more.


We should have been in France for this week with C&P this is a pic of the pool I should have been cooling off in,  but the upside of not making it there is that I am not greeted poolside by Philip in his Olympic Swimming Gear.



 Just be thankful I have not included the  White  Speedo's  pic as well !









Off to watch Sherlock on the BBC now.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed your phone call yesterday, but good to hear today's bulletin with all still going well. Hope you might both make it up here after the treatment if you're up to it, I might even do the cooking if Marie lets me loose on the new oven. Good luck for the rest of the week and happy blogging.
    love
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the beetroot worked out well.
    Sorry you're missing the France trip & the pool - although by the looks of it you might have been roped in to finish building the surrounds!
    Loved the idea of Philip in white speedos!!!!
    Fingers crossed that the accumulation of your treatment doesn't have too detrimental an effect, perhaps as you haven't lost your appetite you won't suffer from an accumulation effect either!
    Sending good vibes. Love from Mat & Sara xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Papa 1, its very good expensive tea ... love Daughter ...

    ReplyDelete