Tuesday 24 August 2010

Monday

Just a short entry today........

Only a 15 min delay today and I saw Lucy who was the first radiologist that I saw when I started 4 weeks ago. She has been working in other salons in the hospital. I mentioned my little problem and she arranged for the nurse to call me later that afternoon.  I am picking up a prescription for something that will help should it get any worse.

It was good to chat to the nurse and she agreed that I should be very grateful that there have been no other side effects . As the treatment is cumulative then this week and the next two weeks will be when the drugs and radiation are at their peak. She advised that I should rest when I am feeling tired - not that I need any encouragement!

As the sun came out this evening we went for a walk on Chobham Common with the aim of picking some blackberries. The ones we found were small  and not enough for a pie so the few we did pick I can include in my morning smoothie.

 A great night for City who beat Liverpool 3-0!

Looking forward to my road trip to Reading with Alison who is on hospital duty today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Papa,

    You can't go wrong with lots of rest, so get yourself in front of the TV with a blankey and SATC ..

    Well done on the score, i bet Papa II is happy!

    Sending you a big Hug
    Daughter xx

    ReplyDelete