Friday 27 August 2010

Thursday - Penultimate Day

Off to the penultimate visit to the salon on my own yesterday. There was a big traffic jam going into Reading - took me a while to think why,  then I remembered that it was the Reading Festival. So I queued with all the young dudes  but still  made my appointment in time! I was glad that I wasn't camping for the weekend after all the rain that we have had which continued most of yesterday it must be a mud bath in there.


My little Irish trainee radiographer has disappeared - she was always very funny and had bright scarlet hair. She is working in a different salon - I hope to get to see her before I leave.

I got chatting to a lady in the waiting room and she is the mum of the farmer who sells eggs at the Ascot Farmers Market that I went to the other Sunday - must remember to buy some eggs from him next time, he has 25k chickens free range and has to get them in the coop every night to avoid foxes, that must be fun.


I was so tired most of the day so me and my blankey were best friends for  the afternoon and evening. I had a headache - can't remember the last time I had a headache - think it must be due to the heavy weather rather than anything else and I have drunk loads of water.

Had a call from David our friend up North as I had not blogged on Tuesday & Wednesday and the Chief Librarians at Manchester Library were wondering what was happening. Sorry for the blip :-)


So 2 more doses of chemo and 1 more session at the salon left - these 5 weeks have passed very quickly!  Thank you again for all your messages of support and encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Mr G....sounds like you're coping very well. Good to hear that you're almost done with the tanning sessions....get plenty of rest. Chat soon Sharan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on your last tanning session Papa, I hope you and Papa II manage to get a dose of Bill's cakes to mark the occassion..

    Thinking about you both
    Love
    Daughter

    ReplyDelete