Monday 9 August 2010

A matter of size?

I think I solved the problem of why my courgette plant was not producing many courgettes. Hidden at the bottom of the plant under a load of leaves and stalks was the biggest of all courgettes - I still can't believe I had not seen it before this morning and have been chuckling about it all day ( simple things etc)! But at what point does a courgette become a marrow or  does it just remain a HUGE courgette?


Problems with the machine at the roasting bay today - running 1 hour behind and so busy they ran out of seats, it was literally standing room only. The poor radiographers were looking a bit stressed and Monday morningish (is that a word?).  I always take a book  - it has to be an easy read as it has to contend with Radio 2 coming over the speakers and yes it was my dear friend Jeremy Vine again!

Afterwards I had lunch with Lynne in her garden as it turned out very sunny and hot this afternoon - and time passed so quickly as it was suddenly 3.30pm! I had been out since 10.30 am so no rest today.

Congratulations to Paul B who successfully completed the London Triathlon in 2 hours 54 mins yesterday and with his team mated have raised over £1000 for Macmillan Cancer Support. Great effort  well done Paul !

3 comments:

  1. I think a large courgette is a Marrow and congratulations on yours, they are lovely stuffed.
    I wanted to say that you might think it isn't very exciting telling us about waiting for the tanning machine or how long it took to get to the appointment, but you are mistaken! You write soooo well with such a great way of observing things and then telling them that it is wonderful to read your reports - you ought to have a column. Have you read any of Alexander McCall Smiths' '44 Scotland Street' books - they're great for situations like waiting rooms (and contending with inane backround noise) as they were originally a daily column in a Scottish paper so no chapter is more than 1000 words long, but they are very amusing.
    Oh well off to make supper. Keep drinking the tea.
    We send you lots of love. Mat (& Sara) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its green, how am I supposed to know? But an hour ... how very dare they! I am back from Milan now, ready to take up good daughter duties ... let me know which day is best for you.

    Well done Uncle Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following another lesson, I do believe it is likely you may receive a Comment from me at long last.
    I agree with all that Mat has said about your daily blog, which is usually the highlight of each evening for me followed by many humorous remarks.
    Keep up this entertainment for many.

    love Millie! Work that one out!

    ReplyDelete