Thursday 26 August 2010

Mid Week Blog

Tuesday brought the awaited road trip to the hospital with Alison. Off we set in her polo with the blacked out windows feeling like we were on our way for a drugs deal with me acting as the live sat nav. We didn't stop talking so the journey there and back really passed quickly this carried on in the waiting room much to the delight of the man behind us who was craning his neck to breaking point  so he could listen in! We were those people on the bus whose conversation we all have tuned into. I felt so much more energised  after having had the benefit of Alison's company which lasted most of the day and into the evening.
Doesn't look like a dealer !!!

The soft diet approach seems to be helping with the digestion process - that Kitchen Aid is my new best friend - smoothies & soups - so  the discomfort has not got any worse.

Wednesday - road trip to the salon with my niece ( real one not adopted) Emma. Again the journey there and back passed very quickly as we didn't stop talking and it was lovely to catch up. I really appreciated the time we had together. Emma is a bit camera shy:-) so no pics allowed but she did buy me a bright red begonia which  I have named in her honour!

A  plant called Emma
Autumnal weather and rain made me take to my bed this afternoon as I was so cold and could not get warm..... it's August so I can't put the heating on yet! I am reading Solar by Ian McEwan - a novel which is about the correct response to climate change, and that we have no choice but to hope that technological ingenuity, enlightened self-interest and the market's allocation of resources can get us off the hook; personal virtue  such as recycling and saving energy counts for little. Strangely interesting.

I like to pick up interesting little sayings that provoke some thought and Lynne passed this one onto me yesterday which sort of sums up the last few days.........


LIFE  ISN`T ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS                  
   
                              
    IT`S ABOUT LEARNING TO DANCE IN THE RAIN
 
So only 2 sessions left!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad it is stable Papa, stick to the liquid diet, especially if it is working for you.

    What an eventful week you have, with Alison the dealer and Cousin Emma who i have yet met..

    I feel a little confucius moment to add to your quote ... so i went onto Google and here's my quote of the day to you "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

    Stay strong,
    Love
    Daughter x

    ReplyDelete