Tuesday 10 August 2010

Nearly Half way there.....

Nearly half way through the radiation treatment now - I was thinking of asking them to stop half way through tomorrow's zapping so we could crack open a bottle of pop to celebrate ! but thought that this might not be too popular with my fellow patients waiting outside if they heard a party going on.

The faces in the waiting room are becoming  familiar now and it is a bit like being in a dining room of a B&B lot of polite head nodding and good mornings - think we have all experienced that in our time? Next week I might get to learn their names, or what they are in for? or where they have been for their holidays?

It was Rosemary's birthday today. So I met her for a birthday breakfast at Cafe Fego. We had delicious poached eggs on toast and coffee - a nice way to start the day! Rosemary was hoping for a picnic with her two children  - but as it has rained most of the day I expect that rained stopped play and an alternative was sought.

Learning about these antioxidants is proving interesting. Did you know that a square of dark chocolate (more than 70% cocoa) contains twice as many antioxidants and polyphenols as a glass of red wine or almost as many as a cup of green tea? I sort of knew they were better for you - but now I know that it is helping with things I will be settling down this evening with a glass of red wine and some dark chocolate :-) Just the ticket for a rainy grey evening - is it really August? Maybe I'll change the Blog name to Addicted to Chocolate..or do you think that title might already be in use?

2 comments:

  1. You should consider barley grass powder, it has loads of anti-oxidants in and other stuff! Will tell you all about it on Sunday. Sarahxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it to Green Tea, a little more Asian! fantastic news about dark chocolate though ... you indulge Papa 1!
    I look forward to meeting your waiting room friend next Thursday .. Love Daughter xx

    ReplyDelete