Wednesday 4 August 2010

Laughter is a great medicine

Tuesday  - a bit late

Apparently there are cows on Chobham Common - well so the sign said when I went for my walk this morning. They are in a special fenced off area - although I failed to spot any - they may have been wearing camfoflage. So a new game for my walk - find the cows:-)

What a wait today at Holby City - over 80 minutes - the machine had broken down earlier that morning and there were lots of new patients so they took longer. It was a bit frustrating just sitting there and I was finding it a  challenge and nearly threw a "bgreenley strop" -  but deep breathing and trying to finish my Dick Francis book got me through. But it was no thanks to Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 coming through the speakers in the waiting room - how annoying is he?!!

Felt tired this afternoon so had to have a little relax "dans le jardin" and have now finished said Dick Francis book - hurrah!

Daughter and Claire came to dinner this evening. A quick trip into Claire Palmer's world is always a treat - worried that some of her online frock companies will be a having a bad quarter, as she has not bought a new one for over a month -I thought we were coming out of recession:-)

Daughter was back on form  & smiling - considering the recent turmoils she has been through. She always guarantees to make me chuckle. Laughter is such a great medicine - so much so at 9.45p.m. I suddenly realised I had not taken my after dinner pills - had substituted cheesecake and chocolates instead! But it wasn't too late to take them fortunately! Need to set an alarm on my phone today to remind me to take them.


Here we are before dinner...........

Claire, Neil, me & Daughter

2 comments:

  1. Well I think Holby City are lucky there were no glass doors for Bgreenley to slam when he had his little tantrum... I bet the withering pout was out in full force!!! Thank you for having us over for tea last night Nelly and Pedro... Lovely evening with great company! ''Why are we calling her Winnie?'' ''Because thats her name'' I'm off to stir about spoon phobias now... Oh how I miss my Pedro in the office!

    Over and out...Petra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello BG loving catching up with you on your blog. Such a cool idea. And I love all the photos. Astounded by your vegetable array - Charlie will be most jealous of the baby toms - his are still very green. Re beetroot how about borsht? I went to a fab pub in Seasalter (if anyone is down that way I highly recommend: http://www.thesportsmanseasalter.co.uk/) and they had beetroot 3 ways as a starter - it was incredible but the best one was the borsht.

    Sharan is sitting opposite me at work so on best behaviour (haaah!). Nothing happening here. Walter has left now so very quiet. I saw Dennis briefly en route to his drinks which was nice. No gossip to fill you in on as everyone is away (and maybe public blog not best forum heehee!!).

    Anyway I have a little surprise for you - I will mail it soon.
    Love
    Melxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete