Monday 16 August 2010

Weekend


How can two days be so different.

Saturday - rain rain rain - so a lazy day reading and sleeping. Well that was me.

As it was the start of the Premiership Neil was  busy  finalising  team selections for the Fantasy Football teams he is managing and then watching the real thing. I felt much less tired than I had for a while.


I even managed a walk in between the rain showers.

Walk on Chobham Common



 
View of Sunningdale Church

We had a delicious dinner at Rosemary's in the evening and she cooked lamb for Neil as he has been on the non meat diet with me!  Yummy vegetables especially the beetroot roasted in honey. Even managed to stay up beyond 10pm.

Sunday  - busy busy busy!

Up early ........ Provisions purchased at the Farmers  market in Ascot

Farmers Market Ascot

Alison & Sarah. two friends I met at the Yoga Retreat in Goa last year, came for lunch and to see how I was doing. I cooked a vegetarian meal with recipes from the Cook Book from the Indian cookery course I attended when I was at the Retreat. Surprisingly few ingredients but very tasty and not too spicy! We didn't manage any yoga but we did get to spend some time in the garden, catch up on their romances, alternative health, interesting work lives and as usual lots of laughs! Sarah gave me a fab book on juicing - I will let you know how I get on once I have retrieved the juicer from the back of the cupboard. Thank you Alison for the beautiful orchid which I can look at and admire it when I have any temporary moments of gloom. Be assured from the picture below that they are 2 Very Tall Girls and the radiology is not shrinking ALL of  me to midget size..just the tumour ( I hope )


Sarah, Short fat guy & Alison
When they left had time for a quick rest before going next door to Allan & Sara's for an impromptu BBQ - so Neil had meat again so has his full compliment of  iron now! Sally who lives around the corner was there - she had just come back from a month in Mijas in Spain where Allan & Sara are also off to soon, Neil was very jealous as she had been there for Spain's last 4 games in the World Cup she said the atmosphere had been amazing. I have never been - but it sounds great so have to plan  a visit when this health blip is out of the way. The evening was decidedly autumnal - a bit chilly! I hope that Sally's penguin hot water bottle kept her warm!
Allan, Sally, Sara & Neil




Very tired by the end of the day - but in a good way :-)

And so to treatment today, I know this Blog was meant to be ALL about that but  I seem to be having much more fun talking about other things that the treatment details all seem a bit repetitive and mundane,  the excitement today was that I had a phone call early on to say my machine had broken down and they were threatening to cancel today's blast and add an extra one on Saturday,  well no way was I having my 2 days off at the weekend spoilt by overtime so I put my foot down (  no there was no BG  strop before anyone asks )  and they relented and I went in later on this afternoon, so am I all still in sync with treatments.

1 comment:

  1. OK - further to the technical support offered earlier, I'm trying again...

    My weekend consisted of getting very, very, very wet in Paris and Norwich getting a last minute goal away at Scunthorpe. So, as you can imagine, it was a mixed weekend.

    Keep going with the Green Tea. Drink of any description in Paris was unbelievably expensive. The record was 11 Euros for a pint of beer...

    Love Pip x

    ReplyDelete