Friday 13 August 2010

Thursday & Friday

Where has this tiredness come from? It feels like I have been on a night out and got home in the early hours and have that jaded feeling and a fuzzy head. I sleep soundly from 10.00pm to 8.00 am with only a brief wake up for a comfort break to the loo. But have problems waking up which was a good excuse yesterday to be brought tea and toast in bed on a weekday morning!

Rosemary came with me to the tanning salon on Thursday but resisted the urge to have a session. It was good to have company and the time passed quickly - we even got a coffee from the WRVS cafe  - not that great and no frothy milk but what do you expect for 80p - errr chicory and that is what we got! Afterwards we had to have a proper coffee so we adjourned to John Lewis and treated ourselves to a large slice of carrot cake each. Does that count as one of our five a day?

We then had a little retail therapy - but nothing too strenuous:-) Came home very very tired but a refreshing cup or two of green tea and I was suitably energised.

Today I had an early shift at the salon. Although my fuzzy head got the time of the appointment wrong and turned up 30 mins too early so the wait this morning was entirely my own fault.  Saw the Doctor and told him about my tiredness and the burning sensation I had when I peed. He said that the tiredness was to be expected and to just to take plenty of rest. The peeing - he said he would take a sample to check for infection but thought that it was a side effect especially as it has now passed. He was happy that I was not experiencing any other side effects and said that this was a result of the chemo and radiotherapy being of the right dosage. I asked how he knew it was working and he laughed and reassured me that it was! I hope so as above all I could not face going through the daily visit programme  to no avail!

So I took the Doctor's orders literally this afternoon and had a nap for 2 hours and after a cup of tea and a hob nob (dunked of course) I feel more awake than I have done all week - so note to self must include daily afternoon nap in the programme!

A nice surprise arrived in the post today  - a book "Green Tea - 50 Hot Drinks. Cool Quenchers & Sweet & Savoury Treats" from Mel.
A big thank you to Mel and will be experimenting with the drinks recipes over the weekend as I feel I need to introduce something new into the green tea repetoire. I will let you know how they work out.

Friday evening - end of week 3.Some red wine and dark chocolate is called for I think. Have a great weekend whatever you are up to - but don't rely on the sun shining if you are in the UK - rain rain and rain forecast. Please Mr Sunshine come back!

3 comments:

  1. Sadly it looks as if the Radiation induced fatigue is catching you (you now have something in common with Martina Navratilova!)hope you keep it at bay with your naps.
    The Green Tea book looks great, no doubt you'll have fun jazzing up your 6-8 cups a day.
    Say "thank you" to Tech Support for his imput - personally not required but always nice to hear from him.
    Enjoy your weekend. xxxxxxx Mat & Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brian Posted a Comment and off it went as usual into space so don`t know what you will end up from me in the end. I`ll see what happens to this one. Hope you are having a restful evening.

    love Lynne XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Papa,

    What were you and the Baroness doing drinking 80P coffees, I think green tea in a flask would be better, you have a whole book on it now, could be a different flavor every day ...

    If your body is telling you to nap, i say go nap ...

    Love
    Daughter

    ReplyDelete