Friday 30 July 2010

1 week down 4 to go.

Taken 10 doses of chemo tablets this week with no adverse effects thankfully. Felt a bit nauseous on Wed morning but ate an oatcake and it passed. Same thing happened Thursday and it worked again. Do I have morning sickness?:-)  have had the serious munchies this week - seriously I have eaten more than I have for months and the scales are showing a weight loss - not complaining but must be something to do with the drugs I guess.

Lunch time session at the tanning session today - quite a quick one today and no stroking. The trainee turned up when the session ended and before I saw him I said that it was a quick session and he commented that he was not "massaging" me today - so at least he has a sense of humour.

What a difference the  time of day makes walking along the canal - there was a guy on a bench smoking a spliff, two tramps with a dog looking a bit shifty and nervous and 2 community police officers writing in their notebooks - had I missed something? There was also a student group of about 20 Chinese - all with  cameras - will I now be on their holiday snaps?

Met a colleague from PwC for lunch afterwards  went to the restaurant at Malmaison as it was close to the station. Had a delicious goats cheese and roasted vegetable salad and as it was the end of week 1, I indulged in a glass of Pinot Grigio.  What a treat :-) . It was great to catch up with Paul and talk about the everyday stuff.

So no sessions over the weekend Hurrah ! Got Tracy and Hame coming for dinner and we are Cat sitting for next door..exciting stuff !!

5 comments:

  1. Dear Uncle Brian, Just to let you know i'm reading your blog, And i'm thinking of you! Oh and i hope you had a lovely holiday, and hope you show this cancer dude whos BOSS eh,?! Love Eleni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my ... am I having a brother or sister ... any hey those 20 chinese people taking your picture are all my family members ... Do you want copies?

    Stay strong, keep eating, and I'll see you tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No think it was a phantom one, Papa II will buy you a puppy to make up for it.

    Papa II

    ReplyDelete
  5. BG,

    Pleasure to catch up and chat about the good old days when humour was allowed in the work place.

    Loving the blog and very impressed with the size of your courgette.....

    Let me know when down next and will bring Ben along.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete