Tuesday 27 July 2010

Here I am leaving the Royal Berkshire Hospital yesterday afternoon after my first radiotherapy treatment.Thought it would be interesting to take a photo on Day 1 and the again on Day 25 to see if I look any different - bet the tan will have faded!
The session today took about 30 mins as there was more measuring and adjustments for where the rays are aimed to kill the cancer cells. The exposure to radiation is only seconds so once all the measurements are sorted then each session from changing to leaving will take 10mins - so it takes longer to get there and back!

Neil came with me today for support and it was lovely to have company for the first trip to Reading - this is the start of travelling there every weekday for 5 weeks!

Felt fine after the first session but was  little tired by the evening  -but then that could be because I missed my holiday afternoon siesta today:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment