Thursday 25 November 2010

So here we are.............

November 25th............ the day that I go into hospital for my op. Up for a nice breakfast with Neil - so  no more food for sometime who knows when. A walk in the cold wrapped up warm. At 10.15pm took my first sachet of Picolax - strange how you put it in cold water and it becomes warm. This is to clear my system so I am sat here at 11.30 am waiting for something to happen. The phone has been going all morning with calls from people wishing me all the very best and that they are thinking of me.  What with final packing arrangements, catching up on paperwork it has been a busy morning. Having Neil at home has been lovely as I have someone to merrily chatter away to! I am feeling surprisingly unstressed which is good! I think that I am relieved that today has arrived. The op had been hanging over my head since I was first diagnosed back in June and all through the radio/chemo treatment, the post treatment period and then researching my options. So it feels ok to be getting on with it. I know that I am going to the best place I can for the op and that means a lot in terms of how I am feeling. I know that I just have to go through this - I have no option. I find it useful to keep firmly in my mind that when I wake up from the op the tumour will no longer be inside me and that has always been the main aim of this journey. Where this journey takes me next I have no idea as I do not know what the universe has in store for me.
So we leave home for the hospital at 2.30pm - should take us 30 mins to get there. Another dose of Picolax and an evening of fun with the loo and then hopefully some sleep. While I am in hospital Neil will be sending out a progress email on Friday evening and he will also be updating this blog while I am putting my feet up!
Thanks to everyone for all your support and messages and cards wishing me all the very best of luck. I am so lucky to have such wonderful caring people in my life for which Neil & I are so thankful for. Take care and be in touch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment