Tuesday 23 November 2010

Keeping Busy

Now that the date for the op has been set for Friday 26 November I have a plan to keep myself busy. That way I don't get time to dwell on it and work myself up so increasing my blood pressure and also enables me to catch up with people.

To date I had lunch with Sara my lovely friend from next door. We treated ourselves to lunch at the newly opened Coworth Park - described as the 'Dorchester in the Country'. It was a very grown up place for lunch and the food was very good and a little bit different! I thoroughly enjoyed the selection of chocolates which we had even though we skipped the coffee!


Table for two at the John Campbell Restaurant - must find out who he is!

My overall impression of the hotel is that the public areas like the bar and the drawing room where you would have drinks or afternoon tea were quite small - beautifully decorated and furnished. They have a fabulously expensive spa - all brand new of course and deserted! What a stunning swimming pool!






Saturday Neil and I went out to lunch at the Fox & Hounds which is right at the gate at Englefield Green to Windsor Great Park - good place for pub lunch before or after a walk in the Park and if you can borrow a dog to do so all the better as we felt a bit left out as we were the only people in the pub without one! Great Fish & Chips though and a nice pint of Brakespears!

You are getting the picture that there is nothing wrong with my appetite and some determination on my part to enjoy my food before heading for hospital food!

On Sunday, unexpectedly we could make it to the Rainbow Singer's annual choir concert of which Lynne's ( Neil's mum) is a member. It was an enjoyable evening listening to them sing some familiar songs. It made me appreciate the effort that goes into preparing for a concert that we sometimes as the audience just take for granted.The choir is made up of all retired people who spend every Friday afternoon rehearsing but I get the impression that they all have a good laugh as well.

Today was spent buying things to take into hospital with me - I think I have it all now - not quite like packing for your summer holidays but you definitely have to get organised!

Then dinner with Daughter at Cote in Richmond - caught up with her moving plans to her new apartment and plenty of laughs as always! Thanks for the puzzle books daughter guess I am going to have to learn how to do suduko!

So you see I have very little time to sit and worry which is good - plenty of time for that later in the week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment