Tuesday 16 November 2010

New Date

My latest MRI scan went well. My delightful neighbour Sara kindly joined me for the journey to Basingstoke Hospital. Arrived early and surprisingly they saw me straight away - no wait just walked straight in! Staff were friendly and quickly got me settled for the scan.What a difference this place is - I think it is jointly funded by the NHS & private health care as it was very smart and Sara was even given tea and biscuits! After the scan,I met Nikki, who is my new cancer nurse,  she was waiting for me when the scan was finished. She gave me a hug asked how I was feeling and then we sat down for a chat and discussed the forthcoming new dates......

1. Pre operation Assessment where they take my blood pressure, put me on an ECG machine to check my heart, take blood samples and discuss prep for the op and it is my opportunity to ask more questions about the op and after care. This is scheduled for Wed 17 November. 

2. The Operation date is provisionally booked for Friday 26 November. I will go into hospital on the Thursday afternoon.

I was impressed with how efficient they are and that within a week of changing to the  hospital  I have had my MRI scan and have some provisional dates this is  just further proof that it is the right thing to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment