Monday 1 October 2012

You're not as breakable as you think.......

                                                  This about sums it all up!


I went into hospital on Monday morning very early - it was still dark when we left home. I had my op at 10.30 a.m. I of course then lost all track of time as I was unconscious or in recovery. I awoke feeling very very cold but I soon warmed up with the aid of a heater blowing hot air under the blankets - unusual I thought but very effective. I was back in my room about 3.30p.m - yes I had my own room again - I love the NHS!

just arrived back in my room - just the same apart from the tubes!

 The amazing thing was that I had no pain down to some amazing epidural in my back anaesthetising the area - brilliant!

The scariest thing - waiting for the drains to be removed from my chest cavity and praying that my right lung stayed inflated. The x-ray 2 hours later confirmed it was!

The best thing - being sent home Wednesday afternoon -  50 hours in hospital for part of my lung to be removed.

Totally blown away by how quick and painless the whole experience has been.

A big thank you to my surgeon and his team; the wonderful nursing team especially Ammi for making me laugh and to Neil for all his love and support. He knew I was getting better as I was beginning to give him lists of things that I needed! I was home before he got to my second list!

No comments:

Post a Comment