Tuesday 16 October 2012

A day trip to London

I made a great step today in my recovery. I went to London on the train to meet my friend Britta for lunch at Vitao a veggie restaurant in Wardouf Street. It was not the smartest of restaurants. It’s very earthy looking with lots of wood and dark colours, which made the whole place looks like it has been sculpted out of a hollowed out tree. Not quite the Rain Forest Cafe though!  It has a veggie buffet of hot and cold dishes and you pay by the plate load -  so assuming you can fit it all on you can feel free to pile it as high as you wish.  If this wasn’t enough they have a coffee menu as extensive as what you’d find in Starbucks yet it’s all fake -  dairy free milk, fake caffeine free coffee and smoothies and juices galore as well. And a big selection of teas. I tried the Invigorating tea which did revive me ready for the journey home.


Doesn't look very West End?
Interior - very low key - bench seats and hessian sacks - very vegan!
We even had delicious fresh coconut water...........


 I then called in Whole Foods at Piccadilly Circus for some supplies and because it is always a treat to wander around the food department and appreciate all the organic food. How I wish there was one closer to home. Who would need to cook when they have such a superb selection in their hot and cold take away sections - you could have a different box of goodies every day. Not to mention how much time I would save not having to chop all the veggies and salads!
Whole Foods Piccadilly Circus - where did she come from to get in the photo!

So much choice and no chopping required of me!
And I did buy my favourite treat ............ Co Yo yoghurt - which is as it says on the lid  - Coconut milk yoghurt - no dairy. Delicious, very rich and you only need a small amount which is just as well as this small tub costs £1.99. The very reason it is a treat!

Yummy!

And of course another tea to try - but not green tea - thought I could do with a new flavour!

When I got home and unpacked the Whole Food goodies someone just couldn't resist the paper carrier bags and the guilty party is here!


Where's my treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment