Monday 29 October 2012

Saturday in Brighton was a much better day!

Saturday .......... the first brush with winter. Cold but sunny. Blue skies - how I missed you. It's been like living in a tupperware container for the last week - just fuzzy greyness.

A planned trip with Neil his Mum and Margaret a friend of hers  from her singing group to Brighton. This was a birthday surprise for Neil's mum - something we try and do each year for her birthday and which she really enjoys.

We had a simple but very enjoyable lunch at a veggie cafe Iydea which has won a 2012 Award for it's food by Veggie Heaven.

My choice of potato, caramelised red onion, cheddar & chive galette with jumbo cous cous with crunchy shredded carrot & fresh dill in a lemon & mustard dressing, Greek Salad, Hummus  & Roasted Mixed Seeds - was just delicious. Twinned with a fresh juice of carrot apple and ginger made for a perfect lunch for me. The others said that they all enjoyed their choices as well.

Margaret Neil's mum & Neil at Iydea



On the sea front

Outside the Brighton Pavilion
 We even made it to the sea front and it was a bit blowy!

 


The main surprise was a concert at the Brighton Dome. It was a light hearted concert with plenty of tunes that were instantly recognisable. Here is a link to a YouTube video of the Rogers & Hammerstein's 'Oklahoma!' overture that they played to give you a flavour. Uplifting and light! Just what I needed. Neil's mum was truly delighted with her surprise.



This was my first trip to Brighton for a long time and it reminded me how much I miss my lovely friend Susie who used to live here before she emigrated to Perth (Australia).

Susie & me 10 years ago - love the hats !This photo always makes me smile!
 We had such fun times when she lived in Brighton. Such great memories.
 Hello Susie, Stew, Yassie & Xanthe!

Then in the evening we went to Hamish's 50th surprise birthday party.

Hamish & Tracy
Andy, Neil , me, Dan & Sam at Hamish's party.
A tiring but exciting day .... my grey cloud has blown away and long may it stay that way!


No comments:

Post a Comment