Wednesday 4 May 2011

No Blogging since 21 April.....

Where does the time go? Here we are 2nd May already and my 5th treatment looming up on 4 May - that was a quick 3 week cycle. The good news is that I have been well apart from a filling falling out. But even this brought some good news. When the filling fell out I just went ahead and booked an appointment to see my dentist. I then had a thought that as my white blood cell count was low that I should check with the chemo nurse as to what treatment I could have as I am more prone to infection. I was told that I had to have a blood test that day and that they would urgently process it so the results would be available the next morning. So Wednesday last week I went off to Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot and waited for over an hour to have the blood test. The results were ready as promised on Thursday morning and it  was  good news. The white blood cell count has doubled during this cycle - from 1.2 at the last test to 2.4 in the new test. This is excellent news, the nurse pointed out that the white cell count for most chemo patients is around 1. So the little cells are recovering well during this cycle and the strange thing is that I have not done anything different so why is a mystery. Someone asked if I had been eating lots of asparagus as they had heard of someone else whose white cell count increased because of that. I have eaten some asparagus but not to excess - but will continue to include it in my diet as it is in season at the moment.

I was able to have a temporary filling  - that was all - which seems to have done the trick as no repercussions. I cannot have any normal dental treatment until the chemo treatment is over so will have to wait for something more permanent. Let's hope there is no further need!

So what else has been happening ...... enjoying the sunny weather and the Bank Holiday and 'the'  Wedding of course

So treatment tomorrow............ have been feeling a bit down at the thought of it! I am feeling well and enjoying my walks with Colin & Neil - so the thought of feeling yuk for the next few days is not that inviting a prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment