Sunday 8 May 2011

Post Chemo No 5

I last left you at 2.45 am on Thursday morning. I eventually went to bed at 3.30am. I have no idea what was in the mix this time but I was so alert it was a bit unreal. My mind was working overtime and when I shut my eyes everything was as at high speed. A very strange sensation. So Thursday my energy levels fluctuated between lacklustre and lots of energy and it was difficult to get a balance. The warm weather definitely helps the tingling feeling as this has been minimal this round to date - just if I touch anything too cold. The red face made an appearance again but not as flushed as before. So it seems like I have been lucky again. The energy thing is the most difficult this time - and hope that by taking it easy it becomes more consistent as when the energy level really dips it is quite disheartening and makes me feel a bit sick with a fug in the middle of my head so Neil thinks I am cross as I have a furrowed brow. But most of the time I am not.

I have no idea why I have been so fortunate not to suffer with too many side effects to date and long may it last. I just have to avoid any infections over the next few months.As it is summer I am hoping that it will be easier than if I was trying to do this in the winter when there are lots of colds about.

I have been thinking about, Judy a cousin of Neil's and Bob a friend of Allan & Sara's  who have recently started their chemo treatments for different cancers. Judy has been diagnosed with non Hodginkson's Lymphnmoma and Bob with throat cancer. Their chemo treatments have lasted considerably longer than any of mine lasting most of a day or two days in succession.The effects on this blast of chemo has been much harder for their bodies to with stand. They are both keeping positive  and determined  and my thoughts are with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment