Friday 16 March 2012

Hout Bay 11 th- 12th March

11 March

Made it here safe and sound,  The flight was comfortable but didn't get a huge amount of sleep but seats were good and the 11 hours went quickly,  I watched the Descendants and Mad Crazy Love which was a perfect Plane Movie

We landed at 6:30 and  were first at the Avis desk and in the  hire car at 7:10. Being the 1st  big plane in makes it easy.

The weather is gorgeous.




We drove to Nenya our B&B  in Hout Bay which is home for the next two nights  I really  like the Guest House we have lovely big room with mountain views.
Nenya Guest House


View from the garden at Nenya




Spent most of the first day relaxing and sleeping -taking things easy and recovering from the journey - which I surprised myself how well I coped with and I recovered from quite quickly.
A relaxing moment



Neil with Lynette
Lynette is a great host and so many funny stories to tell. Neil came to stay here last year when he came to SA on his own for a few days R&R. Lynette welcomed him back as if he were a long lost friend and made me feel really welcome. I had heard so much about her I was so pleased to meet her at last and of course her lovely chocolate lab Coco.
Neil and our new doggie friend Coco

12th March


I am so blown away by the view- I lingered over my breakfast as I could not help loving this beautiful scenery.
View from our breakfast table
I wandered around the garden where there is this lovely Buddha.

Buddha in the garden.



Yummy carrot cake!
The day went quickly - we went into Cape Town but as we had been here before we did not need to do the sights instead went into Waterkant district to do some shopping and a light lunch.

















We passed beautiful Llandudno - nothing like the one in North Wales. One day I will rent a house with a view of this bay!

Llandudno

Tomorrow we are off to Knysna - a 6 hour car trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment