Thursday 1 March 2012

Getting better.......last weekend

I took Colin out for a walk last Friday and he spotted a squirrel so he took off forgetting that he was attached to a lead and me! I didn't have time to react so he jarred me when he reached the end of the lead. Fortunately I had the lead in my left hand as the scar that is healing is on my right side. Even so it did bring me out in a sweat. It didn't disrupt anything thankfully but I have been a bit sore - which with the healing making the area a bit sensitive and tight - I have been taking it carefully. With the help of some paracetamol taking the edge off it things have been ok. Just have to remember to take it steady - such as when getting in and out of bed.

It didn't stop me enjoying Chris & Philip's stay before they left for France at 4.a.m on Sunday morning. I didn't get up to see them off or offer a cooked breakfast before they left! Even Colin slept through their departure! Some guard dog he would be. The intruders would have to knock at the door before he would raise a bark! So the three of us just resumed our sleep while C&P drove up the M1 to Luton airport to catch their 7 a.m flight.

I went to the cinema on Saturday afternoon to see"The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel" and thoroughly enjoyed it. There were some laugh out loud moments. The way that India is portrayed through the eyes of the actors reminded me at times of my reactions when I went to India over 2 years ago. It is so colourful & beautiful while at the same time being a complete culture shock. That was such a special holiday for me and such happy memories as well as a life changing experience. Here are some photos from November 2009 when I was there and before the big C was known about!


Walk at sunrise.


This cow like sunbathing at the beach!



Flower seller


Alison Sarah & Me - Dec 2009 - at Satsanga Retreat where we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment