Thursday 23 February 2012

Follow up with Consultants – Dates now confirmed


Basingstoke always deliver in confirming appointments. I received a letter last Friday with a follow up date to see the liver consultant on 6 March. This means that I have another 10 days to get even stronger before I see them. I am hoping that I will get the green light from the consultant that I am able to travel so that I can go on the postponed holiday to South Africa.
I suddenly thought yesterday that I should speak to Nicky & Helen the nurses at Basingstoke to check whether I should see the Bowel cancer consultant as well, so I can get the go ahead from him to travel. I also need to speak to him to see what follow up treatment if any will be required.
I spoke to them this morning and within 30 minutes I had a telephone call from the consultant’s secretary confirming an appointment with the bowel consultant for 9 March at 10.00 a.m. How efficient is that! They never cease to amaze me.
For all the critics of the NHS I have nothing but admiration for the teams at Basingstoke. I would not have received better treatment if I had paid to be treated privately.

No comments:

Post a Comment