Monday 28 November 2011

The gym.....

The gym beckoned this morning. Why did I think this was a good idea? Monday seemed a long way off when I booked last week to see Ben the Personal Trainer.Monday suddenly appeared and here I was at 10 this morning all ready to go - feeling slightly apprehensive on how my body would react after no exercise (apart from walking Colin )for over a year.

I shouldn't have worried as Ben had done some research after our meeting last week and had come up with a plan. So after warming up on the cross trainer for 10 mins - which wasn't too bad and some stretching to get my leg muscles warmed up I ventured onto the treadmill. I hope that he wasn't going to take me straight into running as I did not think I would have the stamina for that. No he had other plans. I set the pace so that I was walking at a quick pace and that after 2 minutes I had to start to increase the incline every 30 seconds until I reached a point where on a scale of 1-10 I was at a 7. I reached level 10 on the first round - which I was pleased with. Then I walked at a slower pace on a level treadmill.

Two more rounds followed win which I managed to get to 11 and then 12 - so I was happy and I did not feel that I had overdone it but felt like I had a work out. Some stretching exercises to finish off and it was all over. I actually enjoyed it and have an appointment to see him again next week. Meanwhile I have a programme that I can work on so that when I see Ben next week I will see some improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment