Thursday 28 July 2011

Last week of chemo

Hard to believe that this time next week I will have finished the chemo pills and the 6 months of treatment is done - seems like ages but at the same time it has gone quickly. It is nearly August!

Yesterday evening I had the worst diarrhoea that I have had all year. I was a bit exhausted by it all and have had a slow day today recovering. . Strange that this should happen in my last week! I thought it was triggered by a cup of coffee I drank. I have not drunk that much coffee in the last year apart from the occasional cappuccino as I like the froth on top -  which has been ok.

I was chatting last night on the phone to Gillian and she mentioned that there had been  a tummy bug going around which only lasts a day so maybe I picked this bug up somewhere.

I am over the worst of it now and have made a recovery this afternoon. I have been drinking lots of fluids and eating bland food which has helped with the aid of some loperamide.

No comments:

Post a Comment