Wednesday 20 July 2011

So today I start my last 2 week cycle.

Today marks an important event in that I start my last course of  Capecitabine . I have been taking these tablets every 2 weeks in a 3 week cycle since 2 February -  6 tablets in the morning and evening with or just after food.

I hope that this will be the last cycle I have to take! I am scheduled to have a scan towards the end of August to see if there is any cancer left. The oncologist is optimistic that at this stage after all my treatment the scan should be clear - so I am confident too and positive about the outcome. 

Meanwhile I have to remember to take the pills and looking forward to 3 August when I finish the course.
 
It is coming up to a year since I started treatment which is hard to believe. I came across this proverb which sums up the last year or so ..............

“If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” ~Proverb
 

No comments:

Post a Comment