Friday 1 July 2011

Visit to Oncologist on 29 June

5 weeks now since I had my last infusion and on Wednesday I had to see the oncologist  before he would give me my prescription for the Chemo tablets that I will be taking at home for the next few weeks. The results from the blood tests this month were moving in the right direction. He decided that as I had no new side effects after the last treatment  he would give me tablets for the last two sessions. I will have to get another blood test before I start the last set of pills but unless he calls me when he gets the results I am ok to start the last batch, which means I should be free of drugs come the 3rd August

He told me that I will then have a CT scan in September and he will call me if anything untoward shows up but that is generally unlikely at this stage after all the chemo treatment. If  I receive no call then we are ok for a whole year before I have to go to him again! This was indeed promising news and I felt that there was a glimmer of hope that we were on the home straight.  I had to treat myself to a coffee and a slice of Victoria sponge at the Windsor Farm shop cafe!

That just leaves the stoma reversal operation which will happen late September and then we are really on the way to the finishing line of treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment