Tuesday 19 July 2011

It's taken me six months...........

I have been visiting Heatherwood Hospital every three weeks for a blood test. I normally attend on a Tuesday morning so that the results are known for my Wednesday morning appointment with the oncologist. There is no appointment system. You turn up take a number and wait your turn. I have waited anything in between 30 mins and 2 hours depending on how many nurses are on duty and how many patients are waiting for a blood test. But this week I went along at 3.30pm yesterday afternoon(Monday) and was in and out in 15 minutes! Why has it taken me so long to work this out that the afternoons are bound to be quieter as in the mornings patients who have had to starve before their blood test will be there as well as anyone referred from the GPs morning surgery or people going before work. Well at least now I know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment