Thursday 24 March 2011

Spring has sprung- let's hope.

The weather this week has been so warm - I think Spring is here. The bird song is louder in the morning. There is more activity in the garden. Plants are coming to life and wondering who the new boy in town scrambling all over them. The tete a tete narcissus that Neil planted over 2 months ago are still in full bloom.


Mornings have become very busy - luckily the sun makes you want to get on and do things. I have to watch that I am not wiped out by mid morning. I don't know if it the warmer weather but the tingling feeling is not as bad as it was last cycle. I am generally OK unless I touch something cold and then either my fingers or toes tingle. I can quickly get rid of the feeling by using the heat pads or putting my fingers under the warm tap.

Strangely this time I am hungry most of the time and need to snack regularly - little and often is the new approach. But at the same time there has been no weight gain or loss which is also good. The only side effect that is a bit annoying is that food sometimes tastes metallic. I am experimenting with foods to see if there are any which create a more metallic taste than others. I have been taking a good pro-biotic and must say that has really worked in settling down my stomach.


Having Colin means that I take him for a long walk every day so there is no excuse now for not taking some exercise every day. I read somewhere that walking is  as good for you as running - I don't think I ran this far every day! Yesterday I got a bit lost on Chobham Common and Colin and I ended up in a bog and got a bit wet! An hour and a half later we made it home. Both of us were exhausted and collapsed on the garden bench in the sunshine to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment