Thursday 3 March 2011

Still going good!

Here I am at nearly 11.00 pm on Monday night ( sorry blog is late back from publishers) and having the energy to type. I guess that was down to the one hour sleep that I had the need for this afternoon. Well it was a dismal afternoon weather wise and it was cosy snuggled under the duvet and my book failed to keep me awake! This  matched the weekend energy levels - as long as I got a rest then I was good. The tingly feeling still comes if I forget to make sure that the water is hot before I put my hands under the tap - or I forget to take my gloves out with me. The sensation is more irritating than painful and now that I have the microwavable heat pad I can quickly normalise it.

It was another nice weekend to have friends drop in for a cup of tea and a chat. It is good to catch up with what people have been up to and that normality,  however you define that, carries on. The house is full of flowers that visitors have brought and they brighten up the place - especially the bright yellow tulips that Gillian brought on Sunday.

Sunny tulips

  It was  nice to get out in the garden on Sunday morning and potter about in the sunshine. My window boxes at the front of the house now look more spring like and alive and the tete a tete daffodils are looking pretty!


Window Box 1

Window Box 2






Pretty Tete a tetes




























Our friend Dave called in on Monday evening - armed with antioxidants in the form of red wine and organic chocolate! I got the benefit of the chocolate but had to watch Neil and Dave get the benefit from the vino as I am still not feeling like I want a glass just yet.

Today Sarah called in for lunch. I don't think I have ever received so many visitors and it made me realise how very lucky I am to have such great friends who  take the trouble to drop in and see me,  and  how much I enjoy seeing them and catching up with their news. When this is all over and I am given the all clear I need to think of a way to say thank you to everyone for all their love and support.

I have noticed that the weather has turned cold this week as the tingly feeling now makes as appearance more frequently - back to the gloves!

No comments:

Post a Comment