Monday 11 April 2011

Weekly catch up - well a bit longer!

I can't believe it is over a week since I last posted. The good news is that I have been well during this period. The warmer weather has meant that the tingly feeling in my hands and toes disappeared after 7 days. No other side effects except tiredness in the evenings.

This is all good news as Neil has been away on a well deserved break for 6 days to South Africa. He just wanted to chill out and soak up some sunshine and catch up on his sleep. So it was just Colin and me.

Once we established a routine things got easier and as long as I walked him often enough he was exhausted & slept. Colin and I  both missed Neil. Having Colin around was great company for me even if his conversation was a bit limiting! I kept in contact with Neil every evening via Google chat which was an easy way to keep up to date with the day's happenings.

I had lots of visitors while Neil was away - which coincided with some warm sunny weather so I spent a lot of time outside. Colin is now getting used to cafe society as he went with me to Savill Gardens cafe and Cafe Fego. He enjoyed a refreshing bowl of water while I had a cup of tea and a piece of cake.

The evenings we collapsed in front of the TV - me crashed out on the sofa and him on the floor - well apart from one evening when we both fell asleep on the sofa. Not sure Neil would have approved!

Neil came back on Thursday afternoon after his flight was delayed by 5 hours. There was a very excited reunion - Colin was beside himself. It was good to have Neil back and some time off doggie care for me!

So as you can tell from the above Colin is acting as the perfect diversion from the treatment and all things hospital related, my mood has been so much  brighter through the last 4 weeks all because I've not had time to feel in anyway sorry for myself as it's all about the Dog these days.

1 comment:

  1. It's all about Colin these days .. About time you updated your blog papa ... Good luck on the next session

    Love you more
    Daughter x

    ReplyDelete