Sunday 27 February 2011

Thursday 24 Feb - first day after Round 2

The reduced dosage must have worked as I do not feel as rough as after Round 1. I did have a lazy morning returning to bed after my breakfast and a cocktail of anti sickness pills and 6 chemo tablets. Neil was at home looking after me today just in case I took a turn for the worse - which I didn't.I did pace myself so that I got some rest as well as pottering about.

It was such a sunny warm day - almost spring like that I decided that this afternoon it would be a good idea to get out and get some sun and fresh air. So wrapped up warm I took myself off for a walk on Chobham Common. Here are a few photos of my walk.
Self Portrait
Wentworth Golf Course and Chobham Common




Chobham Common - Silver birch in the sun
 I really enjoyed the walk. I was out for about 45 mins. Should have taken a scarf as by the time I got home where the air had been in contact with my mouth my tongue felt numb similar to when you have had an anaesthetic. I was lisping when I spoke to my neighbour Sara when I got back home - she thought I had been to the dentist! A warm drink managed to sort it out. Knowing that warm counteracts the tingling feelings is a revelation as it is a quick remedy to ward off any discomfort. I have been warming the backs of my hands with the aid of a gel pack that I can heat in the microwave and it is very comforting.

Sunset from our back garden





We were rewarded with a beautiful sky as the sun set this evening. It is so good that the days are getting longer?
 
A quiet evening - a yummy dinner cooked by Neil, a bit of tv and no feeling of tiredness which I think was partly due to the energy shake "Source of Life Gold - the ultimate vitamin mineral &protein shake" that Dr Hembry had recommended. I mixed it with some fruit juice and water - it was a very strange green colour but not unpleasant . But it contains a load of minerals and vitamins all good stuff and it certainly helped. I can't remember the last time I stayed up and watched Question Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment