Monday 7 February 2011

The last few days post infusion

The last few days have been a bit odd side effect wise. Thankfully nothing too debilitating -  touch wood. Just a general feeling of tiredness and apathy and quite happy to rest watching DVDs and reading.While it was blowing a gale outside yesterday afternoon I whiled away a couple of hours watching "Under the Tuscan Sun". One of my favourite light hearted escapist movies and always does the trick of giving me a lift.  I am following a new DVD series for me - "Being Human" about a ghost, werewolf and a vampire trying to live as normal human beings. A bit unusual for me but enjoying it and something that you can dip in and out of!

The tingly feeling in the hands and sensitivity to cold continues and probably will now throughout the treatment. I just need to remember to take care when doing things - like making sure that I don't put my hands under cold water and it is a bit strange putting gloves on to take things out out of the fridge I have yet to brave the freezer!

I do have some moments of nausea but to date this has only resulted in a burp or two! I am taking the anti diarrhea tablets as a matter of course and am keeping everything under control.

Last night staying awake after 9.00 pm was an issue and reminded me of the tiredness that I experienced the last time I took these Xeloda tablets back in the summer - but last time it didn't kick in so soon. Let's see what happens this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment