- get off your bus a stop or two early in the morning
- walk at lunchtime even if it is to the sandwich shop
- walk to and from the station in the morning
- ditch the car and walk to the shops
- walk from the bus or tube at your destination
- walk up stairs instead of taking the lift.
Thursday, 8 January 2015
I know that I have said this before but the most important exercise for everyone is WALKING. Daily walking - 45 minutes if possible - reduces the risk of some cancers but also osteoporosis, type 2 diabetes, asthma and stroke. It's good to move your body and helps with weight management if you do it everyday.
It is also easy to fit into your lifestyle -
At the weekend make it a priority to get out there and walk. Wrap up warm, put on your trainers or walking boots and get out there. Explore the neighbourhood you live in or why not take a trip to the countryside or beach and make a day of it. It's a cheap way to exercise - no expensive gym subscriptions you'll still be paying for and not using by the summer and no special equiipment is required.
In the words of Nancy Sinatra "These boots were made for walking". So what are you waiting for get out there and WALK WALK WALK!