Thursday 22 January 2015

Sardine Pate - a quick and easy lunch





When I went to Penny Brohn Cancer Care two years ago I was taught how to make this easy lunch or snack. Tinned sardines are not one of my favourites so I was surprised by how this tasted so good! I used this one today with sun dried tomatoes which gives the end result even more flavour.


Sardine Pate

This is what you need.........

1 tin of sardines (in olive oil or spring water)
1 large carrot - finely grated
1/2 lemon - juice only
1 tsp of wholegrain mustard
Olive oil to mix through to the desired consistency

Here's what you do........

Blend all of the ingredients together.

The end result1!


If left for a few hours before eating the flavours develop.

I like to spread it on an oatcake but it's equally nice on a chia and oat crispbread or some warm toast.

                                                   What could be easier!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment