Wednesday 3 September 2014

Energy Balls Recipe - thanks to The Medicinal Chef.

Energy Balls
Before I went away to France I made these for a friend, Mark, who is having chemotherapy and radiotherapy for Myeloma.  I had made them for myself in the past. They are  a tasty treat to have in the fridge. Mark texted me while I was away asking for a new supply when I got home.. He not only finds them tasty but he says they help him to keep "regular"(if you know what I mean) in the days after he has had his chemo treatment, when he is on steroids!

Wish I had found this recipe when I was having treatment.

So as I made Mark a new batch this morning, here's the recipe. Thanks to Dale Pinnock (The Medicinal Chef). He is one of my  latest discoveries. His recipes are easy to follow, have few ingredients and varied.

Here's the recipe...............

Makes 10-12

250g pitted dates
250g raw walnuts
3 teaspoons spirulina powder
dessicated coconut to coat

Put the dates,walnuts and spirulina into a food processor and process at full speed until a stiff powder forms.

Sprinkle the dessicated coconut on a plate and have another clean plate handy. Processing the ingredients at high speed will have squeezed the oil from the walnuts, so the paste will be very oily. Break off thumb-sized pieces of paste, roll them into balls, then roll in the dessicated coconut. Place the coated balls on a clean plate.

Once all the paste has been rolled into balls, place in the fridge for several hours, which will make then firmer and give them a fantastic chewy flavour.


No comments:

Post a Comment