Thursday 5 December 2013

The Wolsey, Eat Pray Laugh and the annual Cancer Research Christmas Party


Saturday 30 November - a day out in London - lunch at the Wolsey with daughter, Chris, Philip and Neil. Lunch was delicious and one of my favourite places to eat. I saw Paul McCartney with his daughter Stella, her husband and two children. And of course trying hard not to look at them!

The Wolsey

I love their pepper mills -so does daughter!

Inside the Wolsey



My Delicious lunch - smoked salmon. hollandaise sauce and eggs - yum!

 Afterwards a matinee  -  "Eat Pray Laugh" Barry Humphries farewell tour at the London Palladium. The first half I did not really enjoy - he played his character Les Patterson who has the most appalling of manners - spitting all over the audience!


The banner for the
 The second half was much funnier but his humour is based on audience abuse and thankfully although we were sat in the third row from the front we were spared the indignity of being picked on thankfully.


Monday brought the Annual Cancer Research Shop Christmas Dinner at Windleshan Golf Club. I can't believe that a year has gone by since we were there celebrating Christmas! It was a fun evening and I had prepared a table quiz to do during dinner which was everyone enjoyed it.



All dressed up - quick game of patience in between course

It's getting to look a lot like Christmas.

Ruth and me - don't we look smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment