Monday 11 November 2013

Kriss Carr on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday - watch this

As you know Kriss Carr has been a great inspiration to myself and millions of others. So watch this video "How many of us truly live?".

She summaries so well what I have thought at times " until I am perfectly healthy I am broken" - and I am sure I am not alone in thinking this. But as Kriss says "this could be a dragon I am chasing all my life" at some stage you have to let this go. This can be really difficult - it is a huge obstacle to get over - letting this worry go away and just live. - if you ever reach this stage.

I made my mind up that you can't live in a state of worry. It sometimes makes a unexpected uninvited guest appearance but I now know how to accept it and then let it go. After all life is a terminal condition for us all and we just can't walk around thinking that!

But I hadn't really been able to describe the feeling that I aspire to feel and sometimes accomplish - which Kriss describes so well which is "truly loving what is - all of myself". This is something that initially felt a bit uncomfortable with me as it has selfish undertones - or is that just my unique interpretation? But when she goes on to say that  "How many will truly love - live for you" it sat more comfortably. After all I do lots of things for different people in different roles but for me I realised I did these things for me - they satisfied something inside of me - and I wasn't looking for thanks in doing them and didn't feel smug about doing them - but I did them all for me!

And Kriss has a lovely rescue dog who she loves - which makes me think of my little Colin! He has made such an improvement to my life - woof woof!

Colin






No comments:

Post a Comment