Thursday 30 May 2013

David Bowie Exhibition at the V&A.

                      Last Friday I visited the V&A to see the David Bowie Exhibition.


David Bowie had been a hero of mine since I as a teenager in the 1970s and I had always followed his eclectic diverse career with great interest.



From the days when he was Ziggy Stardust through Aladdin Zane. 
Through Aladdin Sane


Through Young Americans

The V&A did a great job in styling this exhibition - not just the costumes but how he created the songs I have grown up with. I didn't know what an accomplished artist he is and his ideas for his stage shows were amazing. The part that made it all complete was the audio guide which included tracks of he most famous songs which pulled the exhibits together. The finale being the large screens with footage of Bowie in concert and the audio guide picking up the track - I could have spent an hour at least just standing there watching and listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment