Monday 17 October 2011

Convalesing

It's been two weeks now since I have been home. It has been a strange two weeks. I have got used to going to the loo again but I didn't bargain on how often I would be making a visit. It has steadily reduced as the two weeks have progressed. I am now only waking twice in the night - so I at least now getting some decent sleep. For the first few nights I was home I felt the need to pay a visit every hour or so! I know that I am a grumpy bear if I don't get a decent sleep so I was not happy - strange when you think what I have been through and now I am in the place I could only dream about this time last year.

Like all recoveries you have your good days and bad days - that old cliche "tomorrow is another day" is so true as when I wake up in the morning you do feel different than when you went to bed the night before. I am back in the kitchen cooking simple suppers much to Neil's relief I think! I walked to Waitrose every day last week and  took Colin for  a 35-45 min walk on his lead. I really believe that he knows that I am not fully repaired yet as he does not pull on his leas like he normally does and his happy taking his time. A lovely cuddle with him always lifts my spirits. I am trying to keep positive - I am trying to make the best of this last burst of sunshine and have sat in the garden reading which I have enjoyed.

But I have to keep things in perspective - I was getting frustrated that I was not making as much progress as I thought I should be - bench marked against what I do not know - but as Neil pointed out yesterday comparing how I was when I came home 2 weeks ago and now I am making progress and it is all good and not to be too hard on myself.  I need to keep this is in mind when I next feel disgruntled!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian. Lovely to read your updates. I have been thinking about you. Sounds like the op went well and you are improving by the day. Just be patient and hang in there. 'Stay in the moment' as they say in meditation. Try not to wind your mind up. Give the body time to adjust. It all sounds very positive to me. So hang in there and keep posting. Lots of love. Nouchine xx

    ReplyDelete