Friday 7 October 2011

Op and home

My op was carried out successfully on 29 September and I came home on Saturday evening 1 October. Just a short stay this time! I had my own room again on the same ward C2. Some of the nurses and doctors were there from my visit last year and they remarked on how well I was looking even though I just had surgery. I can never speak too highly of the medical team on that ward who are extremely skilled professional and have the extra time to make you feel like you are important. Even though I could not fault the hospital facilities it is always so much nicer at home!

I did recover from the op well and put this down to my pre op preparations of Reiki and Cranial osteopathy which were both so important in making me feel much stronger. I wish I had gone to Reiki especially during my chemo as I think that I would have benefited immensely.

I have spent the last week at home recovering and feeling better every day. Going to the loo again has taken some getting used to¬! Going so often will continue to take some getting used to! That will improve as my digestive system all begins to settle down which there are signs of it doing more and more. My appetite is coming back slowly but the portions are still very small. Little and often is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment