Thursday 22 September 2011

Surprise Celebration Friday 16 September

Neil told me we were going out for dinner to a local foodie pub called the Baillywick on Friday evening. But before we left we had to drop a DVD into Sara & Allan who are our dear friends who live next door. When we knocked their door they seemed to be ready for going out and said that they were giving us a lift in their car. I thought this was a bit odd but went along with it. We stopped at Bluebells a restuarant less than 3 minutes away and I thought we were going here for dinner - but just as we were going to get out of the car, he drove off and turned back to Sunningdale. Strange I thought - they must have forgotten something or we were going somewhere closer to home. We passed their house again and turned into the next road. Allan parked outside Sally's house and I twigged the four if us must be going to Sally's for dinner.  When we went in to the dining room Rosemary & Ruth were hiding and surprised me!

 Sally & Sara had arranged a surprise  celebratory dinner for us. I was overwhelmed as no one had ever done this for me before. What wonderful friends I have that would do this - of course I shed a tear - emotional moi!!! 

This was such a perfect way to celebrate at the end of a landmark week full of tears, laughter and lots of messages, texts and phone calls from all my friends. Thank you for all your best wishes and messages of support and congratulations - it has meant such a a lot to me.

We had a lovely dinner. Rosemary had prepared smoked salmon starters, Sara a delicious fish pie for main and Sally did the veggies. Two yummy desserts were made by Ruth - the Mars Bar Cheesecake was too delicious!

Sally had done a brilliant job decorating the table -  and there was even a helium ballon in the shape of a champagne glass  - which is still inflated and sitting on my dining room table.


Me - with celebratory glass of Fleurie at Sally's House.
Feom left to right - Sally, Sara, Me, Ruth, Allan & Rosemary

From left to right - Neil, Sara, Me, Ruth, Allan & Rosemary.
Sharing a laugh with Sally

-
Sara, Ruth, Sally, Me with my celebration balloon ( no it is not a glass of fizz), Allan & Neil - at the end of the evening

Sara, Ruth Sally, Me, Allan & Rosemary

A most memorable & wonderful evening and thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment