Thursday 22 September 2011

Date for op - 29 September

I now have a date for my operation to reverse my ileostomy - Thursday 29 September - which is only a week away. Probably at this time next week I will be in theatre having the op. This date is much earlier than I anticipated but it is excellent news as this means that my return to full health after the all clear is now much closer.

The operation will be back at Basingstoke with the same team that performed the initial operation and I am very happy with this. It will be a 40 minute operation so no where near as long as the other op.

I went for my pre operation assessment yesterday which seemed to go well. I bumped into two of the nurses from when I was in hospital last year and they remarked how well I was looking.

I am feeling well - my energy levels are returning with the help of some Reiki and Cranial osteopathy that I was recommended to try as it helps to return your immune system , well being & energy back to normal. It seems to be working as I have not needed a nap in the afternoon .My legs seem lighter after walking Colin rather than the heavy achy feeling that was there before. This increase in energy will hopefully help me with a speedier recovery after the op.

No comments:

Post a Comment