Wednesday 14 September 2011

Scan Results now received.

Late yesterday afternoon I received the results of my CT Scan by email - see below:

"Dear Brian

Your CT has finally been reported on and I am very sorry that you have had to wait so long. It is a completely normal scan with NO evidence of any disease in the bowel or anywhere else in the body J
If you are waiting for a reversal, then it can be arranged via your next outpatient appointment (so good news)"

I began to panic when I saw the phrase "I am very sorry" but then quickly realised that it referred to the wait for the results. 

I was so delighted, happy & relieved that I burst into tears - so when I rushed downstairs to tell Neil he thought something was wrong. He started to cry with me and then Colin jumped up on us  - so we had a family hug. The relief was immense as after all the treatments, op & emotional journey to now know that I was cancer free made it all worth while. A big thank you to you all that have been encouraging me along this journey - I really have appreciated it.

The rest of the evening just disappeared in phone calls, texts and emails. We celebrated with a glass of red wine which was delicious!

So Happy just now!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic news Papa, I'm really happy for you, and Papa 2, looking forward to celebrating .. See you Sat
    Love
    Daughter

    ReplyDelete