Thursday 20 January 2011

Date confirmed for start of chemo

The start date for when the chemo treatment will be the 2nd February at 9.45a.m. I have to see Dr Wasan first to sign the consent forms that I agree to having the treatment and understand what the side effects might be. Then I will be whisked off to the treatment room and at some point will be hooked up to a drip while the drugs are injected into my blood stream.

It feels good that I have a start date and that there is a plan - we know what is happening for the next 3- 6 months treatment wise. Thankfully it's a 3 week cycle so I won't be coming on here every day moaning about waiting rooms like I did for my first lot back in August

This week has been getting on with things and picking things up that I have not been able to do since I went into hospital..... simple everyday things that we take for granted until you can't do them and when you can you feel that you are making  progress. So this week I have:

1. Driven my car - it is so good to be mobile again and that I can escape Sunningdale when I feel the need.
2. I have been out for a meal at a restaurant and dinner twice at family homes.
3. Been shopping -  I went to Reading on the train by myself and went to John Lewis and M&S - even bought some things.
4. Cooked dinner for friends.
5. Started my journal again.

Only one failure............ tried a very small glass of wine - just two sips and what a headache the next morning. Just goes to show that not drinking for 2 months does! So decided to give it a miss for the time being.

And another first last night  - off to the cinema to see "The Kings Speech". Thoroughly enjoyed it and recommended to those who have not seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment