Saturday 15 March 2014

A Spring trip to RHS Wisley

Wisley

Wisley Laboratory The flagship garden of the RHS, Wisley captures the imagination with richly planted borders, luscious rose gardens and the state-of-the-art Glasshouse.
Gifted to the Society in 1903, Wisley has evolved over time into a world-class garden.

 I decided on Monday to make a visit. I am a member of the RHS so it was a free entry. Spring is only just starting there - lots of daffodils and a sculptural exhibition. A lovely cup of green tea and a sandwich for lunch. Then bumping into Sue, one of my healers from Burrows Lea what a treat!

Here's some photos of my trip.......

Reminds me of the Wordsworth poem "The Daffodil"
 
 


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


 
 The famous glass house.

 Sculptures in the Jubilee Walk



This was called the split apple

Beautiful Magnolia



Interesting Urn

Hello Mr Blackbird



Striking Euphorbia

No comments:

Post a Comment