Thursday 18 August 2011

Two weeks without chemo

 Two weeks since I took the last tablet. I no longer have to worry about remembering to take my pills with my breakfast and dinner - or shortly after. So  what has been happening?

Healthwise I continue to get stronger. Last weekend I did a walk for 2 miles along the Dorset Coast which was mainly up hill. I was very pleased with myself!It was the most amazing walk I have had for a long time- along the cliffs from Kimberidge to Tyneham village. Beautiful views - and it showed me that my stamina is getting stronger.

Coastal Path

Danger!!
Beautiful coastline
 
I ( with Neil & Colin of course) spent time away staying with friends in Dorset This was my first trip away from home for a long time and it was great to be away. I was so happy to be by the sea - it lifts my energy levels and breathing all that wonderful fresh air has to be good for you.

I still have the tingling feeling in my hands and feet and a dull ache in my left hand has now appeared. The spots on my face still erupt for no reason but apart from that all ok.

I have caught up with people that I have been meaning to see for a while over the last two weeks so it has been a busy social time.............

Dinner with Stephen & Steve which was delicious and I got to see the beautiful new extension to their house.

Visiting Sharan & DJ to see their lovely new home and to hear all their plans for the house.

Daily walks with Ruth & her dog Jazz.



A Fish & Chip supper with Ruth.

A lunch party for Sue. Mike, Liza & Jim - which I enjoyed cooking for,  and we all had a good time catching up.

Stella & Angela came for lunch the day after and again it was a lovely time.

The enjoyable stay in Dorset with Alison, Sarah TeaTaster & Billy.

My first taste of wine since November!

Alison, TeaTaster (aka Ben), me, Sarah & Neil


I do enjoy spending time with people, it makes me happy. Yes sometimes I am tired afterwards but I count myself  lucky that I have had so many people who have been so supportive and considerate since I was diagnosed. I knew that I had beautiful friends and family in my life but the last 12 months new friends as well as old friends have really meant a lot to me. But most of all having Neil & Colin with me all the time - 2 perfect companions!

The three of us resting on our walk.









No comments:

Post a Comment