Sunday 3 October 2010

I'm back

It seems like a long time since I have tapping out a few lines on here!

I had a very restful and relaxing holiday in France and it was nice to get some sunshine and warmth - it seems to have rained very day since I got back. The best result of the holiday( probably combined with the chemo/ radio strength winding down) has been that I am not so tired all the time. I now manage to stay up past 8.30pm which was becoming my normal bed-time. I am sleeping very well still and the sleeps in France were so deep and refreshing - must have been all that fresh air and healthy vegetarian food and only the occasional glass of French red wine!

On Thursday I went to Heatherwood Hospital in Ascot for my CT scan & MRI scan. So no trip to Reading - just a 10 minute car ride away. Which was just as well as the CT scan was at 9.00am and the MRI scan was at 3.30pm - so I was able to come home in between appointments. The CT scan involves drinking a litre of aniseed flavoured water before the scan. While I was sat there pushing the liquids 2 other patients managed to tell me why they were there for a scan - I think I have one of those faces that say 'talk to me' on my forehead! Then it was in for the scan where they inject a yellow dye into your arm for the scan. Nothing to be worried about and apart from a bruise where they struggled to find a suitable vein in my arm. The MRI scan is a noisy affair - they gave me headphones playing music to help drown the noise out. You can choose your music - I had the 70s - which was fab & had to stop myself singing along and having a boogie!

I did not get the results of the scans to see how much the lump had shrunk - that happens next Wed afternoon when I meet with the consultant. 

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you in print again Brian, all cheery. The French holiday arrived at an ideal time and we all look forward to ongoing good news/details wef Weds. 6th Oct. ...Lynne X

    ReplyDelete