Thursday 17 April 2014

16 April - Shiny boy who had an adventure this morning

A walk at beautiful Virginia Water this morning with Ruth Colin and Jazz.

Colin decided he was bored with the lake so took off for a forage in the woods. He occasionally does this and comes back. This morning he was gone for a little while, not the longest he's been doing his own thing. Then I got a call on my mobile from a lady who said that she had Colin. He had run off and got disorientated so had run in the opposite direction. He was quite clever as he went to the gate where we enter and leave the park for the car park. So he knew that we would go back there so he would have waited. It was just that he was the first and he had forgotten to tell us he as on his way home.

 Thankfully the lady was so kind to bring him to meet me and his little face was so happy to see me. How kind was that lady she was as concerned as I had been. She wouldn't accept a coffee as a thank you from the new cafe at Virginia Water. So I thanked her profusely and now I am acknowledging her kindness here.



It's lovely to know that he was safe and back with me. I don't think he really knew how serious it could have all ended - can't bear to think about it.

Colin gleaming in the sunshine on his favourite bench at home!



No comments:

Post a Comment