Thursday 5 June 2014

It took me a while to think about publishing this.


I realised that I have not blogged about this before and this is because in the past I have felt that to do so would jinx it all. I wrote this on the 3rd June which was the actual anniversary but thought a few times about whether I should actually post it. But then I thought I want to thank the universe for the gift of life that continues for me. It is four years today since I was first diagnosed with cancer. 

I found myself looking back at the last four years and  feeling immense gratitude for being alive.  I found myself thinking about the low points as well as the good points. And while this is perfectly normal I'm sure, it unsettled me to think that these low points should make an appearance on this day. Without them of course I would not be the person I am today. 

But the happy events like having a good blood test results or a clear scan are the ones I am celebrating today. These have enabled me to have the last 23 months with no treatments or operations. Life has been so wonderful.  I take nothing for granted and take each day as it comes.

Four years and I have changed so much. I have learnt so much, thought more, cried more, laughed and discovered how strong I can be both mentally and physically. I have a huge sense of gratitude for everyone and everything that has supported me through the last four years and enabled me to keep so positive when the times got tough. A huge thank you for all of this.

And now looking forward to the rest of my life.....


No comments:

Post a Comment